What is Google analytics and how it can help your business?
Updated on: 16 June 2015
Any business owner cannot afford to build their business offline considering the fact that everything is internet driven in this era and age. Businesses no longer employ traditional forms of advertisement because they have become obsolete or simply put, are not as effective as online marketing. It’s for this simple reason that businesses are working day and night to create a website that will improve exposure for their businesses, attract customers and ultimately increase their sales and help them achieve a competitive advantage. The question that many ask is; how do you know if your site is serving its purpose? How do you as a business person know that your website is meeting all the objectives you set as you were starting out?
The answer in this lies in using Google analytics to help you better understand the performance of your website. Google analytics measures the performance of your website and gives you analysis that can help you make changes that could make all the difference for your online business. What’s more? It’s free!
So how can Google analytics help your business grow?
- Google analytics helps you to better understand keywords. Most of the time, we feel like we have an understanding of the words and key phrases we use on our websites. However, Google analytics is able to tell you the search terms that people are using to get to your website and whether the search term leads to conversion in terms of sales you make. This understanding will help you make an informed decision on the keywords you use on your site.
- With Google analytics, you get a clear understanding of your customers, their behavior and how to improve their customer experience. With Google analytics, you can see patterns of your customers’ behavior. Do they come to your site after reading a review on some site? How long do the customers stay on your site? This understanding will help you make an informed decision on how you can improve their experience and by so doing your business prospects.
- Google analytics is instrumental in helping you understand quality pages on your site as well as pages that are sending them off track. By having this information you are able to better understand which content needs to be rewritten to increase conversion and how you can make quality pages even better. Do your pages send your customers to other pages within your site or does it repulse them? This understanding is instrumental in helping you make proper changes and by so doing impacting your business positively.
- With Google analytics, you get an insight on social interactions. The social reports gives you an idea of the kind of engagement your website has with social media users and by extension the conversions from the same. The social media reports give you an idea of how you can set your social media strategy to increase traffics and conversions for your business.
- Google analytics is instrumental in helping you understand the location of your website audience. With such information, you are able to customize content or rather product or service to appeal to the target market from a specific geographic location. Audience location can also help a business find out new markets and how to engage new customers for a business.
In view of the above, the use of Google analytics is not only important but can also help you turn around the fortunes of your business. Understanding the behavior of your customers and what you need to improve on is something that you cannot ignore. Start today using Google analytics and make the changes you need to take your business to the next level.