How Search Works website
Updated on: 10 June 2014
Websites that tell you more about how Google does its filtering and rankings are worth visiting and spending more time on. This will give you an idea on how the company treats and reviews data, websites and search results. Fortunately, there is a site that provides such information, and Matt Cutts, the head of Google’s Search Spam team, discusses a particular website that does just that. It is called “How Search Works.” This amazing website gives its users the chance to look closer at how Google does its job; how spams are identified and removed, how websites and results are filtered and graded.
Here are the points highlighted on this video:
- As Google’s main man when it comes to fighting web spams, he stressed out one of the most amazing features of the How Search Works website. One of which is a user’s ability to check out the different algorithms that Google uses to sort and review each website on the internet. Google has been using and updating thousands or hundreds of algorithms in order to rank pages, and through this website you will have a first hand experience of how these formulas work.
- Crawling and Indexing Websites – find out how Google crawls web-pages and turn them into searchable sites for their users. You can discover fun facts about these processes as well.
- How to fight spams – this is a great way to educate website owners on how to properly manage and construct websites. This will give users an idea of what should and should not be done to make sure that contents will not be considered as spam or duplicates. Matt Cutts also mentioned that the website will provide information on how spam sites or contents are being treated.
- Google’s search policies are also provided or enumerated on the website. This is a great way to let people know on the different protocols and rules that Google’s spam search team follows to rank and filter websites and their contents.
Our SEO recommendation:
- Follow Google Webmaster closely for updates.
- Prevent titles spam: Create unique titles or headlines are important. Avoid using common taglines or titles because these would make your website look spammy.
- Prevent backlinks spam: Be an active social media player. Link your sites to reputable websites especially social media websites for better ranking. Do not engage in buy/sell links websites.